Please do not note me through DA. I ONLY accept commissions through the Commission Inquiry Form or my email (kamakru (at) gmail.com) You can go either way really =]
FIRST read down through my commission TOS on this page - this will cover the commission process and hopefully answer any questions you might have.
THEN fill out the Commission Inquiry Form or email me. Once I get your response I'll email you for your price quote, and/or to continue with the commission process. You will only be added to the commission list once you reply to my email. So, you can't ask for a commission and then disappear for a week.
The form is a great way to be sure I get all the info I need. The less time we spend sending emails back and forth trying to figure out the details, the more time I have towards working on commissions - good for all!
You may fill out a commission Inquiry at ANY time, even if all you want is a quote. Filling out the form doesn't mean you are committed to getting the commission.
What the artist will NOT draw __________________________________________
- anything excessively sexual, porn, vulgar acts or other offensive material. (Pin-ups and tasteful nude OK) - most fetish stuff. Ask about this, I may be ok with it. - fanart of copy-written characters - someone else's original character. If you commission me to do another artists original char, I will not do it unless it's a gift to that artist or I get full permission from that artist. If it's a gift but I feel unsure about it, I will message the owner of the char to see if it's okay.
Artist has the right to turn down any commission without explanation.
- Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece. - Traditional Full Illustration pieces will be priced on a case-by-case basis depending on the complexity of the piece. Estimates are made by adding the cost of materials +$20/hour for however long the piece is estimated to take, based on the information submitted via the Commission Inquiry Form.
Commission process and editing ___________________________________
For 'by-the-hour' digital paintings and 'Avatars'; ---Paintings that are 1-5 hours, and all Avatars: These are one-shot, and one major edit OR two minor edits are allowed. ---Paintings over 5 hours: Progress shots are provided throughout the process. The more hours purchased, the more progress shots are provided. Artist will make final artistic choices that work best for the piece (composition, lighting, etc). All edits requested by the commissioner will be done as part of the time paid (in other words, the clock will not stop for edits).
For large traditional illustrations, 2-3 rough thumbnail shots are provided (via digital) and the Client my pick which to continue with. 4 free minor edits are given for the sketching stage. After the sketch is approved there will be one more WIP of the physical artwork to see if any changes need to be made. 2 free minor edits are given for this stage. Once approved the Artist will complete the illustration. Please keep in mind that Some edits are not possible with traditional mediums
Anything not listed above is considered a small commission and no WIP's are given.
PLEASE provide ACCURATE detailed references. Providing 5 different pictures with differences between them may ultimately cost valuable time (or additional charges, depending on commission type). The Artist is not a mind reader, nor do they claim to be. An extra charge may be applied to description only pieces.
Payment and refunds ____________________________________________
- Artist must receive full payment before the commission is started. (USD only). Anything over $80 may have a payment plan (however work on the commission will not start until it's fully paid) - Payment must be with Paypal or money order via post office. Please ask if you are interested in using a credit card. - If the artwork is finished before final payments are made (ex. additional editing fees have been added during the commission process via edits or hourly work added), the Client will not receive the original artwork or un-watermarked digital image of the commission until final payments are made. - The client may cancel the order at any time BEFORE it is started for a full refund. Paypal fees will not be covered. - Cancellation by the client while the commission is in progress will result in a partial refund based on how much of the commission has been finished, plus a 20% cancellation fee. Client will get the commission however it is at that point. - The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior, inability to communicate in effective English.
- After the commission has been paid, the time it will take to complete it depends on the amount of free time available to the artist, and the complexity of the piece. It may take only a few days, or up to a month. **This is important to note, as the artist works a regular 40 hour per/week job**. - In the main journal will be a list of commissions that will be worked on once the status is 'paid' . This will also impact turnaround time and when the commission gets started. Artist may work on more than one commission at a time. - Artist must keep this list up to date and inform Client of any setbacks immediately. - If possible artist will Livestream the commission for the client, which will result in the fastest possible turnaround time.
Finished Products - what the Client gets ____________________________________________________
Digital artworks. - For full color digital pieces, 8.5x11 inch signed prints are offered for cost of shipping only. - If the client does not want to pay for shipping the print, a digital file will be sent with a small watermark. The watermark must remain on the image. - For icons and sketches the client will receive the digital file. (400x400 pixels and also one file re-sized for DA and one for FA)
Traditional artworks. Client receives the original, with the option of purchasing an edited print, signed, for $4 each. A digital file can be sent in place of the original, but the quality *will not* be as high as the original, due to scanner and/or photo discrepancies.
- ACEOs: $3 within the U.S., International is $5 (these are sent rigid so they don't get bent) - Badges: $4 within the U.S., International is about $7 - 8.5x11 inch Prints: $6 within the U.S., International is about $13 - Traditional/original art: (8.5x11) $7 within the US, $20 international. Insurance is not available for overseas. ***Prices cover the cost of the actual shipping and the packaging, along with delivery confirmation and/or insurance.
Delivery confirmation and insurance will be added to original artworks but unfortunately this is not available for items that go overseas unless sent via UPS (which will be quite expensive). Artist can get a quote for anything out of the US before sending it.
Copyrights and usage_________________________________________________
Artist Rights - The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client. - The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Image rights can be negotiated for an added fee. - The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them rights to the commissioned image (artist may not draw the character again without Client permission)
Client Restrictions - The Client may NOT profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). This includes the sale of the digital files, or rights to the image. - If the commission is for a purpose where making multiple copies is necessary (ex:. book covers), rights to the image can be negotiated. - The client may NOT enter the artwork into any contests or otherwise use it to represent themselves in any way.
Client Rights -The Client may create up to three prints for personal use (display in their home or as gifts). -Client may re-size or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. - The Client may upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required, and it must not be any high resolution or unwatermarked version of the artwork. (Best to copy the image that the Artists posts which will have the sizing and watermark applied) - The Client may color a commissioned sketch and upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required. - Client may request the commission on an iPhone case or skin, iPod, or laptop skin. This will be via society6.com, and the actual product will have to be purchased separately by the Client through Society6.com
away time is back
:D! This time I've
got 1500pts to give
away c:The last
giveaway was really
well received so I'm
doing another! After
the way the last one
panned out, one
thing I would like
to remind you guys
of is to PLEASE
PLEASE follow the
guidelines so you
can be properly...
Guess what guys! I'm
reopening my stores
(Etsy and Storenvy)
and commissions, I
can finally announce
that I'm getting
married and I need
to save as much as
possible for the big
day, July 27th.
before anyone asks,
the wedding is not
been planning it for
a long time...
weeks theme of
Even though summer
is imminent, you
often find yourself
on your couch,
watching Honey Boo
Boo, thinking; "I'm
rather chilly o_o.
OMG I'M CHILLY." .
would rather blast
the air conditioning
and bundle up then
turn it down and
rely on the earth to
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More