Re-submission from old account
These were the very first pair of felt wings that I made. <3
I made them for Halloween one year, bought a Red Bull energy drink and went as that. "Red Bull gives you wiings" hahaha. I know it's pretty lame x]
I couldn't afford feathers as big as I wanted, so I had to figure out another material I could use to make the feathers - Stiffened Felt!
They took me about 16 hours to make (partially including the time I took ripping apart and re-doing parts as I figured out how to put it together), but it was worth it! They only weigh 1 or 2 pounds and are super easy to wear and they're also posable to some extent. The wingspan is about 5 feet.Quick info for you curious folk
~ Please don't ask me to make a tutorial...I don't have one at this time. Sorry about that.
BUT If you're wondering about how I made them, it's pretty basic (most effort is just putting LOTS of time into the construction)
- Stiffened felt. I buy this from crafts stores or online, pretty much wherever I can find colors I like. It comes it stiff sheets, I don't do it myself. <-- although if you can figure out how to make stiffened felt yourself then you could do some GIANT feathers! That would be awesome. I buy like 20 sheets or so for one pair of wings, at least. I always have extra but I like to be safe.
- Heavy gauge wire, like from a hardware store
- A small flat piece of wood to attach/ wrap the wire onto
- Hot glue
- Ribbon, needle and thread (or whatever you want for the straps)
- Some paper, cardstock or cardboard for your feather patterns.
Please feel free to try out your own felt wing designs. I own my patterns, not the actual idea of making wings from felt Other WingsCommission InfoFelt Wings designs are © Katie Croonenberghs .:. Kamakru
THIS IS NOT STOCK. NOT FOR FREE USE.